Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the questions we have been frequently asked:
We do have people registering their requirements on our website, and as we become more well known we are sure this will increase. However, in our opinion this is not hugely important as long as your property is advertised on Rightmove or Zoopla.
Why? If people are seriously looking to buy they will have alerts set up on Rightmove or Zoopla or view these websites everyday. Unless an agent has a buyer lined up who is prepared to offer the asking price or more, you will want it to go on Rightmove/Zoopla to be seen by the widest audience as it may generate more offers and hence a better price.
What is most important is to have good photographs which make prospective purchasers want to view it. We really take our time with this and give you advice on how to stage your house. Also we don't use over the top "fish-eye" lenses to make every room look enormous, as in our experience this leads to disappointment on viewings.
Yes, of course and we believe that this process can work very well in achieving best offers. However before we go ahead with this we like to give the seller the pros and cons of doing this and it is very much dependant on the type of property being sold.
- You only have to keep your house looking its best for one day
- It creates a bit of a frenzy and people do increase their offers as a result
- As a result of the frenzy, occasionally offers are retracted once people cool off
- You may be limiting potential buyers to a timescale that might not suit all
- Some buyers may be put off by open days and won't attend
We cannot deny that we are not a household name in Horsham - yet! However, that does not mean that they will do a better job than us.
- We are just starting out and have a lot to prove which means we are keen to impress and do a really good job.
- We are a small office which does not spend time dwelling on sales targets and viewing figures.
- We have previous estate agency experience and local knowledge spanning the past 16 years.
- We have local solictors we can recommend, if you don't want to use an online alternative, and also local surveyors and property assessors for EPCs.
- We want to be well known in Horsham for delivering excellent personal service which is also good value for money.
Yes we do. Once a proceedable offer has been made we will ask our in house mortgage advisors Ascot Mortgages to call the purchaser and ask to see the necessary documentation, whether it be a descision in principle for a mortgage or evidence of savings/investments.
In a nutshell this means a combination of online estate agent with traditional estate agent. With Open House Horsham this means a low fee of 0.6% inc VAT in combination with the full service offered by a traditional high street agent.